Download an Application for Admissions HERE
Follow Mickey Mouse to Hallahan
John W. Hallahan Catholic Girls’ High School is the oldest Diocesan Catholic High School for girls in the country. Hallahan has been educating young women with Faith, Purpose and Vision, and utilizing Center City as our campus since 1901.
Hallahan is uniquely positioned in the Museum District among world-class art and cultural opportunities, which lends to a variety of learning experiences for our students. The Hallahan building is up-to-date with the technology and resources to provide an outstanding education to all the young women who attend.
What is the timeline for the admissions process at John W. Hallahan Catholic Girls’ High School?
- Schedule a shadow day or tour here or call Admissions Office at 215-563-8930 x252
- Submit a completed Application for Admissions (applications accepted throughout the year)
- Register for Scholarship Exam on Oct. 18, 2014, Nov. 15, 2014 or Dec. 13, 2014. ScholarExamReg
- Attend Open House on Oct. 18th 12:00pm. Tour the School and meet student, teachers, Mickey Mouse.
- Notification of scholarships made throughout the year (All families must complete PSAS Application to be eligible)
- Acceptance letters are mailed on a continuous basis
- Submit Registration Form and Join the Hallahan Sisterhood!
For additional information or to make an appointment, please contact the Admissions Office:
Mrs. Jessica Barlow
Director of Admissions
215-563-8930 ext. 252
Top Reasons to attend Hallahan!
- The all-girls environment at Hallahan is welcoming, allows for focus on academics and leadership opportunities, and brings students together as sisters for life.
- Location, Location! Museum District location surrounded by world-class art and cultural institutions allows for many field trips and learning experiences. Accessible to many SEPTA transportation routes. Students hold after school jobs in prestigious center city offices.
- Class of 2014 offered an average of more than $100,000 per student in college scholarships.Our 2014 graduates went on to University of Pennsylvania, Princeton University, Catholic University of America, Neumann University, Drexel University and many more colleges and universities.
- Standardized test place Hallahan students 90% above national norms. Hallahan students place 16% ahead of other area Catholic High Schools for girls in Math and Reading.
- The national Gates Millennium Scholarship, covering full tuition for college and advanced degrees, awarded to a 2014 Hallahan Graduate.
- Mickey Mouse is our mascot!
- John W. Hallahan Catholic Girls’ High School has been an educational institution of Philadelphia for over 100 years with proven success in educating women with faith and purpose, preparing them as leaders.