“I am so thankful to Hallahan, because of this school, the community, and the sisterhood, I am a better person…” – Silvia Cavalieri ’18. Read her full article here- Freshman Year Reflection
Join the Hallahan Sisterhood!
John W. Hallahan Catholic Girls’ High School is the first Diocesan Catholic High School for girls in the country, educating young women since 1901. Hallahan is uniquely positioned in the cultural heart of Center City Philadelphia among world-class art and cultural opportunities, which lends to a variety of learning experiences for our students. Hallahan educates the whole student with a faith-based program of critical thinking and academic rigor.
Top Reasons to attend Hallahan!
- The all-girls environment at Hallahan is welcoming, allows for focus on academics and leadership opportunities, and brings students together as sisters for life.
- Location, Location! Museum District location surrounded by world-class art and cultural institutions allows for many field trips and learning experiences. Accessible to many SEPTA transportation routes. Students hold after school jobs in prestigious center city offices.
- Class of 2016 offered $14.1 million in scholarships, average of more than $120,000 per student. Hallahan graduates attend University of Pennsylvania, Princeton University, Catholic University of America, Neumann University, Drexel University, Pennsylvania State University, and many more colleges and universities.
- Standardized test place Hallahan students 90% above national norms. Hallahan students place 16% ahead of other area Catholic High Schools for girls in Math and Reading.
- The national Gates Millennium Scholarship, covering full tuition for college and advanced degrees, awarded to a 2014 Hallahan Graduate.
- Mickey Mouse is our mascot!
- John W. Hallahan Catholic Girls’ High School has been an educational institution of Philadelphia for over 100 years with proven success in educating women with faith and purpose, preparing them as leaders.
Director of Admissions
215-563-8930 ext. 252