Guidance Office Staff
Ms. Kathleen Melvin, Director of Guidance View Website
- CORA COUNSELORS
- Ms. Tracey Spinelli
- Ms. Jeanne Leopold
- Counseling services are conducted individually or in small groups by certified school counselors.
- They work with students, parents and teachers to discover and to help resolve learning ,
- behavioral and or personal difficulties that may be interfering with growth and development.
- Psycho-educational testing of individual students is available and provided by a CORA psychologist
- MATH SUPPORT – provided by CORA
- Ms. Susan Robinson
- READING/ENGLISH SUPPORT
- Reading Specialist – Ms. Hall
- SHALOM AND ADULTS IN THE MAKING
- Ms. Kim Benjamin
- Shalom is an auxiliary agency that provides an array of prevention, education and intervention services.
- The prevention services include alcohol/drug education and self-development groups which focus on communication
- skills, self-concept, coping skills and other issues of importance to adolescents.
We now have Naviance
the electronic guidance system for the college application process!
Your daughter and you can access the system by clicking here.
Resources for Applying to College
- Current Senior Transcript Request Form
- If you have applied on-line to a college please complete the following form and submit to the Guidance office. On-line Application Notification Form
The staff of the Guidance Office assists students in making informed decisions for the selection of a college or career, and for planning for financial aid for higher education. This is accomplished through:
- a series of personal interviews;
- developmental guidance units;
- classroom presentations;
- student/parent events, such as: college information nights, financial aid nights, college fairs, career assemblies and fairs;
- scholarship bulletins and regular newsletters;
- resources such as: cd-roms, college catalogs, college handbooks, videotapes, brochures, and internet access.
Other services provided through the Guidance Office include:
- CORA Learning counselor provides personal counseling and assessment of learning skills;
- Shalom is an auxiliary agency that provides an array of prevention, education, and intervention services. These prevention services include alcohol/drug education for individual and small groups respectively;